Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Almost 4 months

It's hard to believe that 4 months ago this coming Sunday, we first said hi to that wrinkly, coneheaded little booger. And now, 9 pounds later, he is smiling, laughing, grabbing things, sitting up, and motoring through 8 gallons of formula a day (or so it seems). It makes my day every night when I get home from work and he smiles at me.

He has had a chest cold this week, so he has been coughing and congested and generally snotty. But he is still just as happy as ever. Nancy took him to the doctor today, but unfortunately at his age there is not a whole lot they can give him to help with the coughing or congestion. So we have to let it run its course, which kinda sucks. I bought him a battery-operated snot-sucker today, which, oddly, he really enjoys. Much better than the manual one. When we use that one, we might as well be pouring battery acid in his nostrils, the way he carries on.

I got to thinking about all the stuff I have learned about babies in the last four months that I had no clue about before Jacob was born. It's almost scary how clueless I was, and that I was legally allowed to produce a child. Thank God for Google. How often do I feed him? Google. How much should he sleep every day? Google. Anything you want to know about has 40 pages on the web dedicated to answering that very question. What did you old folks use when we were kids back in the day? Or did you just wing it?


Here are some recent pictures, since that's all you care about anyway:





He digs the jump-a-roo. Sometimes.



Watching football in our matching camo



Sitting up in his Bumbo chair



That jump-a-roo is tiring!




His preferred eating position



His laugh is hilarious

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Randy won't let me celebrate his monthly birthdays as fractions, but happy 1/3 to my sweet little guy!!

Andrea H. said...

Snot-sucker and a humidfier if he doesn't have one. Caleb's room feels like an August morning in College Station every night. We also have a nebulizer and give him breathing treatments if the coughing/congestion get really bad...they really seem to help, but the pediatrician has to prescribe it. If it doesn't clear up, it might be something to look into. J-dub is looking good! And you're right, we google EVERYTHING!

Unknown said...

Doris says: I know the answer to all of those questions, but since you addressed it to "old folks" I'm not going to answer because I'm sure you were not talking to me!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Doris! All they had to do was pick up the phone!

Gee, how DID we manage? :-)