Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's a...

Boy. Maybe.

Nancy went for her 16 week visit yesterday, and the doctor did an ultrasound as well. At first, she sounded very sure it was a boy. Then, as she kept looking, she gradually became less and less sure. So, by the end of the appointment, we were only slightly more sure than if we had flipped a coin. Thanks, doc.

The good news is, in only four more weeks, we should know for sure. Maybe.

I'm pretty sure Nancy's mom is going to have to embroider something between now and then. Which probably means our sweet little girl will be wearing a football shirt or a monster-truck bib.

This was her third ultrasound with the doctor, but it was her sixth overall. She has also had three at Lakeside Animal Clinic. This past Saturday, we finally got some good pictures of baby Jorge'. I had Nancy on her back, on her hands and knees, standing...you name it. Pretty much every angle possible to get a good shot. You see, my ultrasound machine is not quite as fancy as the OB/GYN's $100,000 machine. But I like it, and it serves me well in a sad, inadequate kind of way.

One thing we have quickly determined with all the ultrasounds...Jorge' is hyperactive. He does back flips and kicks his feet all the time. When Nancy starts feeling it, we are afraid she is never going to be able to sleep.

Speaking of sleep, Nancy (without my knowledge) purchased a pregnancy body pillow online. Sounds like a good idea, right? Yes, if you are Nancy. If you are Randy or Shelby, this gargantuan, overstuffed behemoth forces you to sleep with one cheek hanging off the edge of your king-size bed. This thing is seriously ridiculous. I laugh every time I see it. It is shaped like a huge question-mark. I'm assuming that it makes pregnant women sleep more comfortably by supporting their humongous belly and boobs. However, whoever invented this did not consult with husbands or bed-hogging dogs along the way.

Alright, I am off to actually do some work.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Randy forgot to mention that I have not slept a full night with the huge pillow yet. I'm such a sweet wife that I toss it on the floor before Randy comes to bed...

Laura said...

Randy, you should try the pillow. Scott stole mine about halfway through. He sees it in the closet from time to time and remembers it with fondness.

The Doodys said...

My body pillow's name was Bob.