Saturday, March 20, 2010

Catching Up

Since it has been a while since I have blogged, I have a lot to catch you up on.

Nancy is still doing well and feeling well. No morning sickness, afternoon sickness, evening sickness, nothing. I think as easy as her pregnancy has been so far, it must mean that this kid is going to be a hellion. We go for our "big" ultrasound in 2 weeks. That is when they check out all the Jorge' anatomy and will hopefully be able to tell us for sure what the gender is. We have been doing an amateur ultrasound at the clinic every 2 weeks or so, and he/she is finally getting big enough for us to see pretty well. Still nowhere near as good a picture as they get with the high dollar machines...but it is still pretty cool to be able to check things out. That little booger does backflips every ten seconds. I really feel sorry for her once she starts feeling it.

Here is an updated baby bump pic:





Last weekend, we went on our "babymoon"...i.e. our last vacation pre-Jorge'. We went to Orlando, Florida for three days. We fit a lot into our short time there.

We went to Astros Spring Training, which is something Nancy and I have always wanted to do. We saw them play the Braves from right behind home plate and got a few autographs before the game. It was a blast, and we would love to go back sometime. Here are a few pics:



Carlos Lee



The starting lineups posted at the stadium





Hunter Pence and Carlos Lee





Wandy Rodriguez signing autographs





Hall of Fame Astros broadcaster Milo Hamilton





Former President George Bush 41, Astros GM Ed Wade, Owner Drayton McLane and Barbara Bush



We also went to an Orlando Magic basketball game, against the Charlotte Bobcats. That was a great time as well. However, while I was watching the game, Nancy was obsessed with watching the Magic Mascot. She watched him the whole game and was literally laughing out loud at his silly antics. Seriously, four year olds don't pay that much attention to the freakin' mascot.

She even took his picture. I erased the other 47 pictures she took of him. I figured one was plenty:




That was all on Sunday. On Monday, we went to Gatorland, which is like a zoo with only alligators. It was actually pretty fun.






We also went to Downtown Disney, which is kind of an outdoor mall, with a lots of restaurants, attractions, and a marina. Our nieces and nephews would have loved it. At the marina, we rented a boat. We were surprised that they will just hand the keys to a boat to just anyone with an ID. That could be dangerous. We had thought someone was going to drive us around on a lame "tour"...but nope, we got to drive. As we left the marina, we realized why they aren't too worried about letting anyone drive these boats. Our boat had a governor on it that allowed it to max out at 3, maybe 4 miles per hour. But it was fun. Our boat briefly died while we were way back in a narrow inlet with no one in sight, but after five minutes or so, we got it started back up.

Here are some pics:







We didn't go to Magic Kingdom or Universal or anything like that, since Nancy can't really ride thrill rides right now...but we had a blast.

Here is our resort and suite:






We got back on Tuesday, so it was back to work on Wednesday. It was, of course, insane. The first day back from a vacation is always interesting. It is always crazy busy because no one wants to see the relief vet, so they wait until I get back. I also get to put out all the fires that happened while I was away, get to hear about how bad the relief vet was, how many clients they pissed off, and return about 30 phone calls. That first day back always makes me wonder why I ever go anywhere.

Then today, after I got off work, we drove to Austin for Makinley's second birthday party. I can't believe she is already two years old. We had lots of food and cake, watched Baby Mak open presents, and dodged a bazillion 2-4 year old children. It was a lot of fun.

A few pictures. This first one is hilarious. It looks like Makinley is freaked out at the thought of Nancy and I kissing her on the cheek. We always love seeing all our nieces and nephews, and wish we got to see them more often.










That's about it for now. I'll blog again after we find out Jorge's gender.

1 comment:

The Doodys said...

Nancy, that is a nice room, you did do a good job!