Monday, February 1, 2010

Jorge ' es gran

Nancy went for her second visit to the doctor today. I did not go because they were not doing an ultrasound, and were just going over blood work, checking her weight, etc. Of course, they did an ultrasound anyway, which I am kind of sad that I missed. Nancy did bring home a picture, but it was not a very good one. Despite the fact that I am trained and experienced in reading ultrasound images, I could barely even make out Jorge's head or other vital parts. Oh well, there's always next time. Jorge' is doing well, growing normally, and has a normal heartbeat...so all is well so far.

Speaking of Jorge', I think that Brooke and Tyler are going to be awfully confused after he/she is born. Before they go to bed at night, they say their prayers, and they pray for their entire family, including Aunt Nancy, Uncle Randy, and baby Jorge'. I am not sure how Brandl and Danielle are going to break the news to them that the baby's name is not actually Jorge'.

We had some excitement this weekend. At the last minute on Saturday, we decided to meet Jeff and his son Ethan in College Station for an Aggie basketball game. We got a room at the usual spot, the Ramada Inn for the night, since the game was not going to be over until almost 11 (2 hours past Nancy's bedtime). The game was fun, the Ags beat Tech, and we went to eat afterwards. And by midnight we were all asleep in our 4th floor room at the Ramada.

At about 3:00 am, we were awakened by an annoying sound. After a few seconds to figure out where I was, I realized it was the fire alarm. I got out of bed, opened the door and the hallway was filled with white smoke and a very fould odor. I shut the door and yelled at everyone that there was a fire and to get up. I was trying to figure out how I was going to kick out the window and get us out of the 4th floor. We quickly threw on a few clothes (since it was 30 degrees outside), grabbed a few belongings, and left the room. By now, there were a bunch of people in the hall running around, screaming fire, the whole nine yards. We got to the stairs, ran down them and got outside. It was all kind of a blur.

We went to Jeff's truck and tried to warm up and waited, for what I don't know. The fire department arrived and we watched them go into the building. After sitting there for a while, Jeff and I decided to go see what was up. It turns out some drunk kids came back to the hotel at 3 am and started spraying the fire extinguishers at each other in the hall, filling the entire hallway with a white cloud of "smoke". Someone, upon seeing the smoke, thought there was a fire and pulled the fire alarm.

The 4th floor was not inhabitable (the "smoke" burned your throat and smelled awful), so we got a new room on the first floor. By 4 am, we were back in bed (albeit doubles instead of queens). After all that, we really only lost an hour of sleep.

To update you on the Craigslist Casanova...I did reply to him with a very witty and hateful email, basically calling him a low-life and what-not. He replied to me that I was closed minded and again implored me to just ask Nancy if she might be interested. I assured him that she was not, and that was the last contact I had with him. Nancy would not let me post the emails here, so you are getting the clean, cliffs-notes version.

Nothing else exciting going on around here, so I'm out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send the picture...even if it's not good...of Jorge!

Nancy said...

Randy did not mention that our laptop is in the shop. So, I can't scan that picture yet. But I promise I will!!