Monday, March 9, 2009

Second Anniversary and a visit with the Groom Fam

We made the trek up to Magnolia to visit Nancy's brother and sister-in-law and the twins. Nancy's parents were there also, so we decided it would be a great weekend to go up there. You would think living in the same "city" we would get to see them more often than we do, but it takes over an hour to get there.

Whenever we visit nieces and nephews, we always like to bring presents. It is, of course, for purely selfish reasons: we don't get to see them very often, and we want them to like us. Tyler is easy to buy for. He likes anything that has wheels and goes fast. So we bought him a race car, Or as he described it...a Big, big, BIG, Big race car. He liked it. Brooke is more of a crap shoot when it comes to gifts. Most of the gifts we have bought her she has been wholly disinterested in after 1 minute. She then spends the rest of the time trying to steal whatever it is we bought Tyler. This time, we got her a talking pink flip cell phone. She actually played with this one, so score one for Aunt Yitzy and Uncle Randy!

I think our evil plan worked, too, because both Ty and Brooke played with us and let us hold them. Who says you can't buy love?

This weekend, we will be making the (similar distance) trek to Austin for Makinley's Birthday party. Can you believe she is already a year old? We will of course, come bearing gifts. But so will everyone else, so I don't think we get any extra points with the kid on this one. We will just make sure we get something very loud and obnoxious, without an off switch, just to annoy her mom. Maybe something maroon.

We are also going to make a weekend of it and stay in Austin on Saturday night for our anniversary. Dinner will be at The Melting Pot. For those of you who have never been there, it is a really fun place to eat for a special occasion.

Tomorrow will be two years since that sucker, er, I mean Nancy, said "I do". What was she thinking? Seriously.

It has really flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was watching Sportscenter in our honeymoon suite while my blushing bride hurled her guts out in the honeymoon toilet. Seems like only yesterday we had our memorable flight to Miami. And it seems like only yesterday I moved all my junk out of my third floor apartment and into Nancy's house. A LOT has happened in these two years: we've gained two nieces, a vet clinic, a house, and five fish. We've lost a house, a stable job at a vet clinic, a grandfather, and three fish. We've lived through a hurricane, Nancy's ankle surgery, and a mouse invasion. Oh, and after two years, I am still head-over-heels in love with my wife.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this one...

Who knew you were such a softy?

Anonymous said...

Awww, you're so sweet!

Laura said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary! See you Saturday!

Unknown said...

Hey Randy... it's time to blog... I know you've got something to say...