Monday, March 2, 2009

Drum Roll, Please....

I know you have all been on the edge of your seats waiting for the results of the DNA test we sent out on Shelby. Well, your wait is finally over. The results are in: Shelby is mostly German Shepherd. There are traces of a few other breeds, but German Shepherd is the dominant breed. So, based on these results, I can feel comfortable recommending The Wisdom Panel MX to my clients. That also means that the Canine Heritage Breed Test, that I sent out last year, was a waste of money. Beagle and Husky were not even present in trace amounts. Now that we know her true heritage, we will now be signing her up as either a Seeing Eye Dog or a K9 Drug Dog. We haven't decided yet.

It was a fun weekend. Nancy was driving to Arlington to visit her college roommate, so I decided to go to Corpus Christi and visit Scott. I even took Saturday off. Jeff drove down Friday night and we got to Corpus around midnight. We got up bright and early to hit the bay for some fishing in Scott's new boat. The only problem was the 45 degree temperature coupled with a North wind at 30 Knots. Miserable doesn't begin to describe it. We actually put the boat in the water, despite the weather, and lasted about an hour. Once we were all soaked, freezing, and unable to get the anchor to hold long enough for us to even cast our lines, we decided to head back. We cooked out, watched some basketball, and hit up the local watering hole instead.

Nancy had fun, too. Although for some reason she decided to do step aerobics while in Arlington, and now she can barely walk.

We had our best month yet at the clinic. I hired another technician today, who I think is going to work out well. She showed up on time for her interview, and has all her teeth, no unusual body parts pierced, and speaks English, so hiring her was a no-brainer.

That's all the excitement I can stand to write about for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys have such exciting lives! I wish we were like that...

Randy said...

Oh yeah, it's like a never-ending party over here.