This reminds me of Star Wars Episode 2. Senator Palpatine (soon to become The Emperor) is speaking before the Galactic Senate. He goes on and on about how bad the times are, and how urgent action is needed (sound familiar?), and how the Senate must grant him Emergency Powers in order to save the Republic. He will humbly accept responsibility for getting them through these tough times, and then, of course, give back these special powers to the Senate when things are better. The Senate votes overwhelmingly to give him these special powers, and everyone begins cheering and clapping.
Padme then says bluntly, "So this is how democracy dies. With thunderous applause."
Deep, I know :)
2 comments:
Did Logan write this? I can definitely see him typing this in 10 years...weird!
He was the first thing I thought of when I was writing it.
In case he quizzes you later, The Emperor was most definitely a Bad Guy.
Post a Comment