Friday, January 30, 2009

Saturdays

I love everything about my job. Except the working on Saturdays part. I know it is only 4 hours, from 8 to noon...but you would be surprised how much shorter that makes the weekend seem. At my previous job, after I had worked there for about three years, we decided to close on Saturdays. None of the clients seemed to mind very much, and our revenue actually went up. I don't know if I will ever get up the nerve to try it at Lakeside. We are usually pretty busy on Saturdays. Maybe after I am a little more well-established. Or maybe I can get a part-timer or relief vet to work for me every other Saturday or something. The girls get one out of every three Saturdays off and either two half-days or one full day off during the week, and here I am working every day. My boss is such an ass.

Okay, enough whining.

The new hire is working out well so far. By working out so far I mean she actually showed up, was on time, and hasn't quit yet. Other than that, it is still too early to tell.

I haven't written much in this here blog lately because I have been either trying to learn Spanish or painting. Once I get on a painting kick, it usually lasts two or three weeks, and then I don't paint for a few months. This particular project has been the "over the fireplace" painting that Nancy made me do. I wasn't happy with the way the first one turned out, so I completely re-did it. maybe I will post a pic later.

I think we are going to hit up our favorite watering hole for the Super Bowl. I've got Arizona in an upset 21-17.

I paid our landscaper to do some Winter landscaping at the clinic, to try to spice up the joint a little. For your viewing pleasure (the last one is a Photoshop I did for the front page of our website, www.lakesidevets.com ):




No comments: