
She did better on the rest of the house. As you can see they have laid our carpet. She went with a more neutral tone for the rest of the house.



All that is really left to do is install the appliances and clean it up, which they are scheduled to do on Thursday. Then we have to walk around and put blue tape on everything that needs fixing prior to closing. We are also going to have an independent inspector come out and make sure there are no major problems. Well worth $400. Then we close on June 4th. That's when the real fun begins...me and my one-legged wife attempting to move all our junk.
Speaking of junk, we had an impromptu garage sale last Sunday. No, it was not for money to pay for the house (as far as we know, they still plan on loaning us the money...suckers). It was to get rid of junk we didn't want to move. So I went and threw up a few signs on Saturday night, and Nancy, her mom, and myself sat in the driveway and peddled our old furniture, nick-nacks, and radios. All told we made $140. And what didn't sell, we left at the end of the driveway with a sign that said "FREE". We left for a few hours and came back and it was all gone. Thank goodness.
Where did we go for a few hours, you might ask? To buy our new furniture, since we had just sold all our old furniture. That was fun. It was an adventure navigating a crowded furniture store while pushing my crippled wife in a wheelchair. In fact, finding a store that had a wheelchair was the only factor in deciding where we were going to buy our furniture. If the Goodwill resale store would have been the only store that had a wheelchair available, we would now be the proud owners of a bunch of pee-stained chairs, a card table, and a slightly used king-size futon. Thank goodness Finger Furniture had a wheelchair. It was all a blur, and I lost consciousness sometime into the 4th hour of furniture shopping. All I can remember is I got a sweet recliner that, once I sit down in it, I may never get up. That and a bunch of other stuff I don't care about.
Nancy went for her first post-op doctor's appointment today, and all is well. She got to remove her splint (officially) and can now drive some and wash and shave her right lower leg. It was gettin' scary down there. Unfortunately, that also means that Nancy's mom has now gone back home, and I am left as primary nurse to Hopalong Nancy. I can handle it. I am a doctor after all. I just hope I don't have to put her down.
No comments:
Post a Comment