Sunday, May 11, 2008

Backsplashdown

Pretty much all that they have left to do in our kitchen is bring in the appliances. They finished the tile backsplash, kitchen sink and electrical outlets this week. They also installed our bathroom fixtures, faucets and toilets. The master toilet and the downstairs powder room toilet appear to be elongated. If you remember my rant about elongated toilets, we definitely did not pay extra for these. Unless my loving wife snuck them in on me. I am going to have to inspect the details of our documents at the closing.

Speaking of closing, we are scheduled to close on the sale of our house at 9 am this Thursday. Those fools better not back out at this point, or I will hunt them down. It also looks like we are on schedule to close on The Fitz on June 4th-ish. I can't believe this long process is almost over. It seems like only three years ago that we started this whole thing. One thing I am not looking forward to is the moving process. I hate moving. With a passion. I think this unnatural hatred stems from me, my mom, and my sister moving into a third floor apartment when I first moved to Houston. That was, to put it lightly, not fun. Then when I moved out, Nancy was conveniently in San Antonio for her bachelorette party. This time, she will be conveniently crippled. I am sensing a conspiracy here.

She is doing better each day. She is finally able to leave the house in small increments, but her ankle is still pretty painful. She will go to the doc this week to get her splint off...then hopefully be able to put some weight on it.

One thing they can't seem to get right in The Fitz is our pendant lights over our kitchen bar. nancy loves the ones in the model, but they told us they couldn't do those. So they were just going to pre-wire them and make us do it ourselves. Only they drywalled over the whole ceiling without leaving wire to put them in. Then, the builder called us and said he was able to find the lights she wanted. When we went yesterday, they were the right lights, only they were way too high. Nancy wants them hanging right over the bar. These pictures will kind of explain what I mean.This is how they put them in



This is how Nancy wants them.




Powder Room. Doesn't this toilet look elongated to you?

No comments: