Thursday, May 5, 2011

Getaway

Last weekend, Nancy's parents were kind enough to take care of Jacob for a couple of days so that we could go to the lake with some friends.  It was great to get away, even if just for a few days, since we haven't really been anywhere since Costa Rica almost two years ago.

Jacob had so much fun at his Grandma and Grandpas that he didn't even miss us.  I wasn't so sure that Nancy would be able to do it though.  This was the first time she has left him anywhere overnight...but she handled it well.

We kind of cheated on our diet for the first time in 3 months, so I am kind of dreading having to face the diet-nazis at Quick Weight Loss Center.  Nancy went today and somehow had lost weight...so she didn't even get in trouble.  As of today, she has lost 45 pounds and I am down 60...so we deserved some junk food!  I am not going to fare so well on the scale whenever I go, I'm afraid.

As the weather gets warmer, vet clinics get busier...but it has been crazier than usual at the clinic here lately (not that I'm complaining).  So that is my excuse for not blogging more.  I have plenty of topics, as long as you don't mind endless cute baby stories and pictures.  Unfortunately not much else exciting.

Everything went well with my Mom's surgery and she is slowly getting back in the swing of things at home.  She is tougher than I would ever be.  But after having to put up with Laura and Carrie for 18 years each, I can understand why.  My Dad is hanging in there as well.  He says my Mom is not, um, an "ideal" patient or something like that.  I can't imagine whatever does he mean?

That's about it for now.  On to the aforementioned cute baby pictures and some of our mini-vacation:



Riding the golf cart with G-pa

He loves belts

...and drawers

...and eating

...and laughing

The "Official" 9 month photo

Rockin the plaid

Something is funny

He loves to stand up now, especially in dangerous circumstances

Smiley
One of Grandma's pics made the cut... Nancy said she would be excited.

Finally, a tooth!
Plaid again
Look at that belly
Nancy trying to get up the nerve to jump off the balcony

She decided it was a good idea

Perfect form

Riding the Sea Doo...fun until Nancy flipped us

Me and Wifey

Me, Scott, and Jeff

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I did not flip the jet ski alone. I'm just sayin...

Randy said...

That's what I would say if I flipped a jet ski too.