Time flies when you're having fun, and the last ten months have certainly flown by. I put together a cheesy little montage of Jacob's "official" month-by-month pictures.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/randyag98/10MonthsGIF.gif?t=1306814002
This past weekend, I took Saturday off and we went and stayed at the Hyatt Lost Pines near Austin. It is a hotel/resort type thing with lots of kid-friendly activities. It was very relaxing and Jacob had a lot of fun...which is why we chose this particular place. He got to ride the train, see the farm animals and play in the water. J-Dub loves him some water. He has been taking swimming lessons weekly for a couple of months now, so he is a pro. We spent most of our time floating down the "lazy river" they have there.
The lazy river feeds into the swimming pool, which has a basketball goal and a volleyball net. As we floated by the volleyball net, Jacob would watch the ball in amazement. He was straining in every direction trying to keep his eye on the ball as they hit it back and forth. On one particular pass by the volleyball net, as he was watching them hit the ball back and forth, Nancy and I started joking that maybe they would let him play. We were imitating what he might say to them as he asked to join in, and Nancy (imitating Jacob) loudly exclaimed what he might bring to the volleyball game, talent-wise. "
I like to chew on balls," she loudly exclaimed, so that everyone in the immediate area could hear. Everyone floating down the lazy river within 20 feet of us heard her and was dying laughing. She was so embarrassed, but I couldn't stop laughing long enough to explain.
Jacob has become quite the flirt when we go out in public. He smiles at all the people seated near us, and the waitresses as well. They all end up coming over and trying to squeeze his chubby cheeks by the end of the meal. He has yet to get us a free dessert, but we're working on it.
Last weekend, we went to Lorena for Logan's 8th birthday party. It is hard to believe that he is eight years old already. Nancy and I met shortly after he was born. He had a fun party, complete with water balloon fights, a cool baseball cake and lots of great gifts. He got a Nintendo DS and a BB gun among other things. I think he had a good time, as did we.
Next weekend, I'm taking a little more time off and we are going to spend a couple of days in Port Aransas with Nancy's parents and her brother's family. I'm sure there will be lots to blog about after that trip, so stay tuned. I'll let you know if Nancy reveals any more sick, twisted sexual fetishes to complete strangers.
Now a few pictures.
 |
| About to ride the kiddie train at Lost Pines |
 |
| Jacob flirting with someone on the train instead of looking at the camera |
 |
| Here they come |
 |
| The Official Ten Month Pic |
 |
| Swimming with his mama |
 |
| He loves his float |
 |
| Checking out the Colorado River |
 |
| Ready for some fun in the sun |
 |
| He loved the soft blankets on the bed |
 |
| Jacob with his cousins Logan and Brynna |
 |
| He locked his mom outside |
 |
| Our bathroom constantly looks like this |
 |
| All those toys, and he prefers measuring cups and belts |
 |
| Crabby but Cute |
 |
| Happy Birthday Logan |
 |
| Packing for our trip |
 |
| Trying to climb in the bathtub |
2 comments:
Randy exaggerates...
Maybe I said it, and maybe people laughed. That's what I'm here for...comedic relief.
Just for the record, I read the volleyball section to Dennis and had to pause several times to stop laughing. Good stuff!
Post a Comment