Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Speaking of Birthdays

We were at Makinley's birthday party on Saturday, and when everyone sang Happy Birthday to her, Jacob lit up and smiled ear to ear the whole time.  Like everyone was singing to him or something.  Nancy thought it was the cutest thing ever, so now she sings Happy Birthday to him all the time, randomly, to get him to smile.  And he does.  Every time. 

Tonight, I was feeding him his customary bedtime bottle in the living room.  As usual, he dozed off about 3/4 of the way through it.  Then a commercial came on in which Celine Dion sings Happy Birthday.  He suddenly opened his eyes from a sound sleep, tossed the bottle out of his mouth, lifted his head so he could see the tv, and smiled.

I have a sneaking suspicion I am going to have to buy this kid a birthday present every single day of his life.  Thanks Nancy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's caught on already. Dad

mommagroom said...

Doris says: What's wrong with birthday presents every day of his life?