Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Half Birthday

Happy Half Birthday to my beautiful wife.

She makes me say that.  She even tries to get gifts.  I mean, I have never heard of anyone celebrating their half birthday.  That's ridiculous.  But she swears it is a real holiday to be celebrated with much fanfare.  Somewhere on the list of importance between one's real birthday and Groundhog Day.  She sort of acts like she is joking about it, but I can see the disappointment in her eyes, just a little...when, every year, I scoff at her "holiday", and she realizes she is not getting a present from me.

Some of you have inquired about the gentleman standing in the background in one photo I recently posted of me, Shelby, and Jacob at the dog park.  Some thought I had photoshopped him in or something.  That is actually Nancy's cousin Rickey (obviously from Paul's side of the family).  Despite his unusual appearance, he is actually a pretty good dude.  I don't think he reads this blog, so I don't think he will get offended by some of your remarks.

We recently got a webcam, along with our parents, so that Jacob could "see" his grandparents more often.  It is actually pretty cool, except that he slaps the keyboard the entire time.  He somehow manages to always hit the mute button, or the freeze button.  I have no idea how he knows what button to push.  If we try to move him further back from the computer, he loses all interest and starts doing backflips trying to get out of our laps.  I wonder if anyone makes a baby straight jacket to reel in the flailing arms of an eight-month-old?  We could swaddle him, I guess.  But I don't think they make "swaddle sacks" for two year olds, which is the size he will be wearing by next week.  He hasn't spit up directly onto the keyboard yet, which itself is a small miracle.  So I guess I shouldn't complain.

We took a day trip to Austin after work on Saturday to celebrate Makinley's actual birthday (her 3rd) with our family.  She had lots of fun and got lots of assorted princess and baby paraphenalia.  Jacob behaved very well, especially considering how much it threw off his schedule.  He slept all the way there and all the way back.

On to some recent photos.  Many of which most of you have already seen with your daily photos from my wifey.





Summertime Hat



He loves to swing

Supposed to be napping

Taking off his shoes, of course


Playing with toys Makinley bought him at Walt Disney World

Ready for summer


Nice plaid

I told you he loves to swing

A little early in the morning for pictures, mom.

Happy Birthday Makinley Princess Makinley

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm 33 and a half now!!

mommagroom said...

Doris says: Randy, she has celebrated on this day since she was one and a half. I don't know why you think it will ever be any different!!!