

They say when you have a baby, your life is changed forever. By life, I think they mean sleep schedule. I have witnessed my wife, who had to fight hard to stay up past 10 pm before, stay up until 1:30 with no problem, sleep three hours, and get back up. I can live on 4-5 hours of sleep. Always have. But she has really had to adjust her sleepy time. But I haven't heard her complain one time. We are so in love with this baby boy that we don't even mind getting up at all hours of the night.
Nancy's Mom has been here all week, which has helped A LOT. While I would have loved to have taken a few weeks off to get everything settled down, it just is not possible. So I am glad that Nancy did not have to figure all of this out on her own. And my parents are coming down this weekend to lend a hand (they are really coming to spoil our child, but I'll play along).
We have really enjoyed having all of our wonderful friends and family come and meet Jacob. Danielle even came down today to take baby portraits. I will definitely post them when we get them back. Brooke just loves to hold Jacob, but Tyler is still refusing to give it a try.
Nancy's Dad also came down for a few days to hang out. They were all supposed to meet me at the clinic yesterday at noon to show JKW off to all my staff, but they had to turn around when I had a surgery go way longer than I expected. Nancy is going to try and bring him up tomorrow.
All in all, it has been a crazy, fun, tiring, incredible, amazing week. And we loved every sleep-deprived minute of it.
1 comment:
Doris says: He's the sweetest looking little guy. that hair really reminds me of Nancy when she was a baby.
Post a Comment