We went to Lorena on Christmas Eve. It even snowed pretty heavily in the afternoon, which was cool...since it very rarely snows anywhere near Christmas. Logan and I had a snowball fight, which he won handily. Then we went to the candlelight service at church. After church, we went to Carrie's house and played Trivial Pursuit. My Dad is so good at it that his teammate, my Mom, always quits about halfway through the game because he never confers with her on any of the answers. You've got to watch him though...he thinks he knows more than the makers of the game (which he probably does) and has been known to cheat if he disagrees with the game's answer.
On Christmas, Laura, Scott, and Makinley made it by noon, and we opened presents. It was, as usual, mass chaos. And as usual, the kids got more toys than they can ever play with...but that's all the fun. Logan, I swear, opened all his gifts in 4 minutes. He had a pile of gifts three feet high in the living room, and I found him outside playing with a stick. Go figure. After all the presents were opened, we had a fajita lunch consisting of enough food to feed a gameday crowd at Kyle Field.
We headed back to Katy that evening in time for Nancy's parents to get here and spend the night.
Makinley cheesin' it up

Our snowball fight

Logan looking mischevious
Logan and Brynna in the snow
On Saturday, Nancy and I and her parents drove up to Magnolia for Christmas with Brandl, Danielle, Brooke and Tyler.
We opened gifts with them too...and not surprisingly, the kids got loads of toys to go with the loads of toys they already got from everyone else. I think Brandl and Danielle are going to have to add on to their house soon. We ordered some Chinese food and played with the kids for a while, then called it a night.


Tyler having some fun
Brooke trying to play her new trumpet.
Brookie swinging

Tyler swinging. Doris and I tried to swing him, but he only wanted to be pushed by Grandpa...because only he does it correctly.

Tyler swinging. Doris and I tried to swing him, but he only wanted to be pushed by Grandpa...because only he does it correctly.
Brookie as the subject of Nancy playing with the zoom lens on her new camera
Tyler also got to participate

The annual family picture







No comments:
Post a Comment