Friday, June 19, 2009

Good Times and Crabs

The beach was a blast. We stayed in Surfsaide Friday night and Saturday night. Even got to mis work, which I don't get to do that often. My boss works me like a dog. The house was nice and we had a really good time. It would have been nice to stay the whole week, but two days was better than nothing.

I would post some pictures, but all of the people who promised to send me pictures have so far failed to do so.

Logan loves any kind of critter. Crabs, jellyfish, spiders, insects, fish...you name it. So we went crabbing last weekend in Surfside, which Logan of course, loved. He wanted to keep every crab that we caught. If you've never done it, it's actually pretty fun. We bought some chicken necks at the store, tied them to a long string, and dangled them in the water. The crabs just latch on and ride all the way up into the net. We also took Logan fishing, but he was much more interested in playing with the bait than actually fishing. That, and we didn't actually catch anything to keep him interested.

I think Brynna and Makinley also enjoyed the beach. Since Makinley hates her swimming pool, Laura and Scott were pretty sure she would hate the ocean. But it was the exact opposite. She ran right in.

Tomorrow we are heading to Lake Charles with some friends to lose some money at the casino, and I've got to actually work tomorrow...so I'm off to bed.

No comments: