Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wa-ai-ting is the Hardest Part

Nothing new to report on the Fitz. He still looks alot like a 120' x 50' plot of dirt. Some genius at the Meritage lending office decided to lend us the money for this adventure. I hope he has a backup job ready. We made the mistake of telling the mortgage lender dude that I was self-employed. For going on four months now. You would have thought we told him that I talked to myself while begging for spare change beside the overpass that I currently live under. Evidently "self-employed" to a lender is just one notch above having this job:



Thank God Nancy pays all her bills the day they come in the mail (seriously, who does that?), or we might be inviting you to our "Help Nancy and Randy Buy a House" Bake Sale next week in front of Kroger.

Nancy has our first appointment to meet with the "Design Team" to start picking out tile, carpet, doors, counter tops, etc. on Thursday. They don't tell you ahead of time what the choices are or how much they cost. I am picturing her coming home with a shiny little catalog with $10,000 faucets and $5,000 French Doors. I have a strange feeling that the price of our house will just about double by the time we get through with all of our "upgrades". ("Oh, you wanted running water? That will be a little extra.")

I'm just ready to get all this over with, so they can start building the damn thing. The realtor is coming out next week to tell us all of the horrible things we need to fix before anyone would even consider buying our house. Looking forward to that. I wish I had one of those Leg Lamps like the dad on A Christmas Story had, just to see what she would say. And it looks like Shelby will be going to work with me quite a bit once the realtor starts showing our house, since Shelby's not exactly polite to company. But with all the work that Nancy and her parents put into this house after she bought it, I think we'll be able to sell it for a fair price. I wonder if the new owners would like us to throw in the couches Shelby-as-a-puppy used as chew toys?

That's all the fun and exciting things I can think of tonight. If you've made it this far, that means you truly care, so start organizing your cupcake recipes for our bake sale. Just in case.

No comments: