J-Dub turned 14 months old today. He got his monthly haircut just in time for his official picture. I think he looks so grown up in this picture:
And since I haven't posted since this picture was taken, here is his 13 month picture:
His personality changes weekly, it seems. This week:
- He now likes to be held for about 6 seconds before he starts struggling to get out of your arms.
- He no longer will give kisses. Instead he slaps you in the face or gives you the Heisman stiff-arm.
- He still loves belts, but is so over Shelby's water bowl.
- He is definitely a mama's boy now more than ever. He paces and watches the door if she leaves the room.
- He gets very excited when I come home, and he calls me Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da
- He can shovel 478 bites of grilled cheese sandwich into his mouth at once. This record is broken daily.
- He loves commercials with music, Mattress Mac, or Gary Busey. Seriously.
- He will sit still when talking to M and Pa on the web cam, but only if they sing and dance for him.
- When I am trying to "get" him, his safe place is the fireplace. No idea why.
He loves to play with the tupperware, and it is the only cabinet without a cabinet lock. He loves to pull out every last piece to play with, especially if Nancy just put it all away. One day, she had the bright idea of putting the bowls and lids she wanted him to play with in the front, and putting the ones that she didn't want him to play with in the back, up on the little shelf. He didn't like that he couldn't reach those "off-limits" bowls, so he managed to get inside the cabinet so he could reach them. This is how we found him:
Last weekend, Nancy and I went to a football game in College Station, so Jacob stayed home and his Grandma and Grandpa came over to watch him. We were assured that he was a perfect angel, even though he had a little cold. Grandma even found a new "toy" for him to ride in. Why we get this kid actual toys, I will never know.
They also dressed him in a disguise. I'm not surprised at all that they had to pin his arms at his side to take the picture.
![]() |
| Jacob with Grandpa |
A few weekends ago, Nancy, Jacob and I met our friends Bjorn and Devin and their son Gavin in Bastrop at the Hyatt Lost Pines. Here is Jacob with his new friend Gavin, who he thought was the coolest kid ever and followed around like a puppy:
Shelby recently had a foot problem and need an E-collar to keep her from licking it. For some reason in this picture, Jacob has it on. I have no idea, so don't ask.
He also thought it would be fun to get back in his favorite bouncy chair. I think he might be a little big for it now.
This weekend, the Aggies play Arkansas in Arlington, so we are heading up to the game. Jacob is staying with M and Pa, and he is very excited. Hopefully he will behave himself.
Here are a few more random pics from some point in the last two months since I last blogged:
| Playing with his tube of Boudreaux's Butt Paste, his favorite |
| Brynna, Makinley and Brookie with their babies |
| All the kiddos |
| This was the first day we gave him a sippy cup of milk instead of a bottle at bedtime. |
![]() |
| His new toy for restaurants. It has four strong suction cups to keep it from being thrown across the restaurant. |
![]() |
| Mama and Jacob |
![]() |
| Jacob's sweet new ride for when we travel |
| Nancy and I at our favorite hangout prior to the first game against SMU |
| Jeff and I |
| Nancy and Jeff |
| "By the time he blogs again, I'll be in college" |




1 comment:
I'd been wanting to give you crap about not posting, but since I'm really behind too I decided to keep my mouth shut.
Post a Comment