Saturday, July 16, 2011

Walking?

Jacob is VERY close to being a full-time biped.  He can take 10 or so steps and then gives up and crawls, but he rarely falls anymore...which is good since he likes to walk on hard floors more than carpet.  We have been trying for a week to get a video of him walking.  He will practically jog around the house likes he's been doing it for years...then as soon as we turn on the camera, he can somehow manage only one step without falling down.  But we finally got a semi-decent video today, although it is still not nearly as impressive as what he does when there is no camera.


M and Pa and Logan came down today so we could take Logan to his first major league baseball game.  A specialty clinic that I refer a lot of patients to gave me four tickets right behind the dugout, so Nancy and I took Jacob, Logan, and Pa to the game.  Jacob was pretty good, although he has the attention span of an 11-month-old, so there was a lot of passing him back and forth, stuffing his face, and other distraction techniques.  Logan had lots of fun, and got to stuff his face with junk food since his mom is 200 miles away.  He ate 1 and 1/2 Jumbo pretzels, a large soda, popcorn, a sno-cone, and cotton candy.  he had a stomach ache when we got home.  I'm not sure why.

Before the game, I got him a baseball and we went autograph hunting.  We managed to get Michael Bourn's signature, and Logan is very proud of it.  He says he is going to sell it and make some money.  He also got another baseball, a hat, and some baseball cards.  Man, that kid is rotten.  It's a LOT easier to do when his mom is not keeping tabs on us.  Especially when she is not even in the same city.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Logan had a blast! We had great fun, too, with that precious Jacob. He's about the happiest baby I've EVER seen...always smiling, babbling, and happy. You must be doing SOMETHING right. Love you all.

Carrie said...

Yep, you spoiled him rotten alright. He's pretty much slept since he got home. He sure did have fun though.

The Doodys said...

He is cute. I wish we could all get together for a weekend sometime!

Randy said...

Bjorn and Devin...name the time and place, and we are there. I think Gavin would love the Hyatt Lost Pines, and it is sort of half way...so we need to plan a weekend.