We are, unfortunately, still dealing with the constant spitting up. So far, the doctor has been less than concerned about it. So we keep on keeping on, what with the 74 wardrobe changes per day and all...not counting our own when we bear the brunt of the gastroesophageal onslaught. He will go a day or two without spitting up much, and I will make a comment like, "I think his spitting up is getting better." and never fail, he immediately begins upchucking every ounce of food in his belly, plus some that I'm not sure where it came from. It's like he's trying to prove a point. Point made. I'm keeping my mouth shut from now on.
He is finally sleeping in his crib upstairs that we worked so hard on. Better late than never. But no worries...we have more monitors than a Vegas casino. It's just a little longer trip whenever he starts crying or his pacifier falls out, or he accidentally rolls over on his belly and suddenly forgets how to roll back over.
This past weekend, we went to Lorena to visit the fam. We had a great time, of course. JKW had fun and was very well-behaved. He has had a few meltdowns at my parents' house early on, so we were hoping he would behave himself. And he did. He loves his M and Pa. But my Dad never gets to hold him because my Mom swoops in any time anyone else has held him for longer than thirty seconds. He did spit up on her once or five times, though. So I guess it all evens out in the end. He also had a great time with his Uncle Nick and Aunt Carrie and his cousins Logan and Brynna. I think he managed to get some stomach contents on just about everyone, so no one felt left out.
I've shown pictures before of what the kid's hair looks like right after his bath. Total jew fro...think Seth Rogan or that kid from Superbad. In the past, Nancy has frantically towel dried and combed his hair for twenty minutes after every bath, so that said fro would not become permanent. Lately, however, she has begun blow-drying it. I'm not sure i have ever seen a 6 month-old child get his hair blow dried. Or even heard of that. I would imagine it is pretty uncommon. But in his case, he definitely needs it. And it shaves a good 15 minutes off of our pre-bedtime ritual. You can see pics of this transformation below. We also think it is only a matter of weeks before he will get his first haircut. A little earlier than most kids, I would guess.
The Official 6 Month Pic
Checking out his new bathtub
Trying it out
After the bath...the jew fro
Blow drying
The finished product
He loves his cousins

2 comments:
Have you ever noticed that Nancy's hair is always perfect? There's no way she's gonna let little man's hair slide... I'm just glad the blow drying works and she hasn't busted out the Chi. :o)
My hair is not perfect...far from it! And don't laugh, I threatened to chi it a few times before!
Post a Comment