Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas on New Years

We had the always entertaining Wiltshire Family Christmas on New Years this year, and it was fun as usual. Because our "Christmas Eve" fell on New Years Eve this year, we added fireworks to our list of activities. Although I did start a small fire, we did manage to shoot off the aforementioned fireworks without anyone losing an eye or burning anyone's house down. But I'm not gonna lie...we came close in both cases.



The presents were plentiful, as they always are. And I hate to see how many presents Jacob gets once he actually starts caring about Christmas. Scary thought.



I think my family thought I was exaggerating about Jacob's mad spitting-up skillz. But they are doubters no more. Everyone had at least one regurgitated baby food/formula stain on their clothes by the time we left. Logan, Brynna and Makinley all got to hold J-Dub, and they all thought it was great fun until he unloaded on their hands, clothes, and hair.


As I told you before, Jacob has had to go to a specialist for a flat spot on his head. After the last visit, Nancy has been increasing his tummy time and doing some stretching exercises to try to keep him from having to wear a helmet. They went to the doctor again today, and she said he was much, much better and will not have to wear a helmet! Nancy did such a great job fixing him, that the doctor even said she should teach a class. As much as Jacob HATED the stretching, I'm glad she was able to stick with it. And oddly enough, he loves tummy time now.



We finally found a food that he doesn't like. Avocadoes. Nancy mashed up some fresh avocadoes the other night to feed him...his first non-baby food food. He made such an awful face when she put them in his mouth, that we had to get a picture. It was hilarious, but unfortunately the camera ate the photo. I mean he was literally gagging with each bite. We haven't tried them again.


On to some pics:


Goofy Brynna



Logan



Brynna chewing on fireworks, which is oddly, not at all surprising. And Makinley




Nick double barrel Roman candle action




Scott making roman candles bounce down the street


Me shooting a roman candle at something, or someone


Logan lighting a firecracker tank



Howdy, pardner



Laura and Makinley



Jacob looks almost as big as Makinley!



J-Dub and Brynna



Logan loved holding baby Jacob, and Jacob loved him




Pa and naked Jacob



dressed up in the "fancy" clothes that his Grandma Doris made him.



Smiley, as usual

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I think Jacob was trying to put rabbit ears on Brynna. He's such a prankster!!

Anonymous said...

and she loved it! He was the favorite "toy".