Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hit Me Baby One More Time

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. There just hasn't been a lot of excitement to write about. I'm sure all three of you who read this can barely sleep at night wondering about all the wild stuff that we have been doing.

Nancy started the week off with a bang by going to the Britney Spears concert at the Toyota Center downtown. Yes, that's right...Britney Spears. She paid to see a white trash hoochie lip-synch for two hours. I'm really sad that I had to miss it. Luckily Nancy has friends that support her in these sorts of things, and she doesn't make me go with her. If she did, I think that would be grounds for divorce. I once was forced to go to The Nutcracker ballet the same night the Aggies were playing in the Alamo Bowl. I promptly dumped that chick. Just sayin'. Nancy had fun, so that's all that matters. She did, however, note that it wasn't nearly as cool as The New Kids on The Block concert she went to in October. Twice.

This was the last weekend we would be spending at home for a while, so we didn't do much. I spent quite a bit of time enjoying my recliner. Nancy's mom went to DFW with a friend for an embroidery convention (who knew that such things even existed?), so we got to babysit Mr. Whiskers, her 5 pound Yorkie/ Chihuahua mix. His favorite hobby is waiting until I doze off in said recliner, and then getting a running start and cannonballing into my crotch. Good times.

Today, we went to the Shell Houston Open PGA golf tournament in Humble. Neither of us had ever been to a professional golf tournament before, so it was kinda cool. We followed Sergio Garcia and a few other guys for a while. We only stayed 3 or 4 hours, but it was really cool, except for the sunburn. You would think after 33 pasty-white years, I would have learned by now to wear sunscreen. I guess I assumed because it was 10 am and cloudy, that the sun's rays would not affect me. Now I have the ever-so-cool racoon eyes to disprove my theory.

Next weekend is Brynna's 2nd birthday party. It is only a formality, since she has already reached the terrible twos. We'll have to go shopping this week for her bribe...er, I mean gift.

The weekend after that is the annual Maroon and White game in College Station. It's really just an excuse to go hang out in College Station for the weekend, since the football is even worse than an actual Aggie game.

Finally, we will wrap up April with Brooke and Tyler's birthday party.

In closing, I would like to post a excerpt from my sister Carrie's blog that I thought was hilarious. Logan is our 5 year old nephew.

Awkward Conversation of the Day:

Logan: "Am I hot?"
Me: (feeling his head) "No, you don't feel hot to me."
Logan: "No, I mean am I hot? You know, like when a boy tells a girl that she's hot and then they date and kiss."
Me: "Oh. Ummm...."
Logan: "I think you're hot Mom. The hottest part about you is your big squishy belly. You got another baby in there?"

2 comments:

Big D said...

My sister went to that concert too! She paid something like $125 for her seat! WOW!

Randy said...

I didn't ask Nancy how much she spent. I don't want to know.