The ranch is awesome. It's got a nice heated cabin with real beds and a real toilet. We hunt out of box blinds while sitting in cushioned chairs. We ain't exactly roughing it. Nancy knows that the fact that her parents let me go hunting there is the real reason I married her. Well, that and she is kinda cute. She even likes to hunt. She killed a deer long before I ever did.
Last year my parents got to come out, and we had a lot of fun. My Dad likes to hunt, but we have never had a place to really go hunting in Texas. My parents know that I have had "deer lease" on my Christmas list since I was 12, so they approved of Nancy right away. Derrick and Scott also got to come out last year. And we shockingly didn't even run out of beer.
This weekend, Derrick and Tiffany are coming down on Friday night, and Bjorn is coming to hang out on Saturday. This might be the weekend we finally run out of beer.
The cool thing about killing a deer is that we don't have to buy meat for a year afterwards. Our freezer full from last year is finally dwindling down, so I am going to try to find a nice fat doe to volunteer to be a year's worth of hamburger, sausage and jerky. Hopefully Derrick will find one to shoot this year. Last year, he saw a bunch on the first hunt, but not wanting to kill his deer on the first day, let them go. He never saw them again. I bet if he sees one on the first day this year, he mans up and pulls the trigger.
Anyway, we are all packed up and ready to go. The rifles are sighted in and loaded up. The beer is on ice. I've even got a relief vet to cover for me on Saturday. I can't wait.
I know I said I was going to shoot a doe...but when I look into the future, for some reason this is what I see:
I think the doe is much more likely.
No comments:
Post a Comment