The first thing we did was give them the tour of The Fitz. My dad, sister and the kids had never seen it in person, and the only time my mom saw it, it was barely framed. Then we went on a tour of the model home and introduced them to Mike, the sales manager for Meritage. Logan, of course, loved the bug room at the model home. Not as much as he loved the Star Wars Room at The Fitz, though. We don't actually have a Star Wars room, but I told Logan that is the name of the room where he would be sleeping...so it immediately became his favorite room. He spent hours in that room playing with his new Star Wars toys that we bought him. One of the toys was a huge, ugly monster called Rancor, which I think was his favorite. This kid is obsessed with Star Wars. He evn tried to make his mom sleep on the floor since Rancor monster was already neatly tucked in to the bed...and there just wasn't room for mom, too.
Logan also loved our goldfish, Holt, which we kept in a big bowl on the kitchen counter. We had been wanting to get an aquarium and a few more fish anyway...and since Logan seemed to really like the fish, I went ahead and bought the aquarium and fish while he was here. He then promptly tried to name them all...after Star Wars characters.
Brynna is the sweetest toddler I have ever seen. And she is fearless. Turn your back on her for five seconds, and she is halfway up the stairs, ready to jump off. We had to put up the baby gate to keep her on the first floor.
All in all, it was a fun weekend of 1.5" thick ribeye steaks, fireworks, and swimming. We love it whenever we get to spend time with our families...since it doesn't happen nearly often enough.
And last weekend we got to see Brandl and Danielle and Brooke and Tyler, who came to visit for a few hours while Nancy's mom was in town. Wish we got to see them more, because those twins are growing like weeds.
Hopefully, we will be able to see Laura, Scott and Makinley soon, too. Every picture I see of Makinley, she looks cuter and cuter. And I can't believe how big she has gotten.
Bottom line is, we are both very thankful to have such wonderful families...and as crazy as it can get sometimes, we love just hanging out with them whenever we can. Now that we are kind of settled in, hopefully it will be more often.
I finally finished the wall art I did for above the fireplace. I'm not sure how well it turned out, but since Nancy forced me to hang it on the wall, I guess it turned out okay. Especially since I've never done anything like this before, and I changed it a hundred times before I got it right. Our back bedroom-slash-art studio has now officially been declared a disaster area. After this mess, I think I'll go back to painting less abstract paintings, like these:


Here are a few pics of the wall art:


No comments:
Post a Comment